In Chalfont St Peter Infant School, we establish a positive attitude towards learning through an innovative curriculum and a stimulating secure environment. Children are encouraged to achieve their full potential and develop in their own way and at their own pace. We do this by providing stimulating lessons that are purposeful, enjoyable and responsive to each child. We intend to promote the development of children intellectually, socially, physically and morally to provide children with the basic skills they need for life.
Teaching methods are flexible, varied and involve a combination of whole class, small group and individual teaching, depending on the subject being taught.
Our main aim is to help every child realise their full potential, and to achieve this we will:
- Create a happy school environment
- Develop and enjoyment of learning
- Help children to learn that courtesy, good manners, consideration for others are very important values
- Enable children to grow in confidence
- Help children to communicate with others
- Encourage an enjoyment of reading
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of mathematical operations
- Develop skills in Computing
- Raise awareness of the world that surrounds children and an insight into their heritage
- Teach skills in creative arts, including design technology and music
- Raise awareness, and respect for other people's faiths
- Develop an enjoyment of physical activity through games, drama, gymnastics and dance
The National Curriculum consists of Numeracy, Literacy, Science and ICT (the core subjects) also the foundation subjects of History, Geography, Art , Music, Design Technology, Physical Education, Religious Education, PSHE and a Modern Foreign Language - French.